If you’re like most of us, an Amazon box on your doorstep is a common occurrence, but did you know that you can shop til’ you drop at Amazon while supporting i understand at the same time? When you visit Amazon via smile.amazon.com, a portion of your Amazon purchase is donated to i understand. So whether you’re finally getting around to buying an instant pot, or getting a jump start on holiday shopping, you’ll be helping to provide compassionate comfort to those affected by suicide and mental illness every time you shop. And don’t worry. It doesn’t cost a thing.
1. Visit smile.amazon.com
2. Sign into your Amazon account just like you normally would.
3. Under “Accounts & Lists” in the main menu bar, select “Your Account”.
4. Under “Shopping programs and rentals” select “Change your charity”.
5. Enter “i understand love heals” into the charity search bar.
6. Select “i understand love heals”
7. You’re all set! Shop as you normally would while helping eliminate stigma surrounding suicide!
*In order for your Amazon order to qualify, it must be made through Amazon Smile. Unfortunately, orders made through regular ol’ Amazon won’t qualify.
Unfortunately, you can’t use Amazon smile directly through the Amazon app, but there are 2 easy workarounds.
1. Replace the Amazon app with a link to the Amazon Smile mobile page. navigate to smile.amazon.com. On an iPhone, press the “share” button, then select “Add to HomeScreen.” On an Android device, press the menu button, then tap “Page”. Then tap “Add page shortcut.”
2. Add all of your items to your cart using the Amazon app, then checkout using either your mobile browser, or a desktop browser.