Our Venmo username is @iunderstand-loveheals if
you would prefer to donate that way.
With a donation in this amount, we are able to give a t-shirt that will show support and evoke conversation. To date, i understand has given over 14,000 t-shirts away.
Our goal is to have 2,000 bags donated by September, National Suicide Prevention Day. The difficulty officers have being called to the scene of a mental health crisis can be overwhelming. The victim advocates will be able to provide some comfort and hope by leaving families with a crisis bag after such a devastating loss. Together, we can make a difference to those who need it the most.
Donate $30 for a buddy puppy to be delivered to a child after a mental health crisis at Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital by our i understand nurse.
$100 will provide twenty friends the opportunity to attend i understand’s monthly support group for free. i understand provides monthly support groups for those who have lost a loved one to death by suicide, caretakers and those who live with mental illness. i understand’s support group is led in collaboration with TCM Counseling in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Donate today to sustain our support groups!
By sponsoring at the $500 level, you are supporting i understand’s mission, specifically our monthly community events that are offered FREE to the public in an effort to educate and raise awareness for mental health. Your sponsorship guarantees that 100+ people can attend one monthly community event for free. Past community events have involved: yoga, panel discussions, 5K walk/run, stress reduction tai chi, art therapy, dance, and more.
A $1,000 donation will provide 90 crisis bags to various Michigan State Police Victim Units. Our goal is to have 2,000 bags donated by September, National Suicide Prevention Day.
The difficulty officers have being called to the scene of a mental health crisis can be overwhelming. The victim advocates will be able to provide some comfort and hope by leaving families with a crisis bag after such a devastating loss. Together, we can make a difference to those who need it the most.
If you’re like most of us, an Amazon box on your doorstep is a common occurrence, but did you know that you can shop til’ you drop at Amazon while supporting i understand at the same time? When you visit Amazon via smile.amazon.com, a portion of your Amazon purchase is donated to i understand. So whether you’re finally getting around to buying an instant pot, or getting a jump start on holiday shopping, you’ll be helping to provide compassionate comfort to those affected by suicide and mental illness every time you shop. And don’t worry. It doesn’t cost a thing.
1. Visit smile.amazon.com
2. Sign into your Amazon account just like you normally would.
3. Under “Accounts & Lists” in the main menu bar, select “Your Account”.
4. Under “Shopping programs and rentals” select “Change your charity”.
5. Enter “i understand love heals” into the charity search bar.
6. Select “i understand love heals”
7. You’re all set! Shop as you normally would while helping eliminate stigma surrounding suicide!
*In order for your Amazon order to qualify, it must be made through Amazon Smile. Unfortunately, orders made through regular ol’ Amazon won’t qualify.
Unfortunately, you can’t use Amazon smile directly through the Amazon app, but there are 2 easy workarounds.
1. Replace the Amazon app with a link to the Amazon Smile mobile page. navigate to smile.amazon.com. On an iPhone, press the “share” button, then select “Add to HomeScreen.” On an Android device, press the menu button, then tap “Page”. Then tap “Add page shortcut.”
2. Add all of your items to your cart using the Amazon app, then checkout using either your mobile browser, or a desktop browser.